Saturday, June 2, 2012

Belief or knowledge?

Belief has often brought great results in my life where knowledge failed.

I believe in the power of unknown more than the known.

Wikipedia defines Belief as "the psychological state in which an individual holds a proposition or premise to be true" and Knowledge as "a familiarity with someone or something, which can include facts, information, descriptions, or skills acquired through experience or education".

There is a vast and yet a subtle difference between the two, I believe.

Belief has taken me places I never imagined I could go. 

Yet it's been a hard one to pin down.

Sometimes I have it, sometimes I lose it. 

And then I find it again.

It comes and goes.

Knowledge on the other hand, has only taken me upto a point.

But it stays with me.

Like a comfortable blanket I can pull out whenever I need it.

A constant companion I can fall back on.

I can add more to it.

Belief survives without knowledge, not the other way round.

Knowledge with belief is magic.

It has been for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment